The Spencer F. & Cleone P. Eccles Health Sciences Education Building (EHSEB) serves the education mission of the University of Utah Health Sciences Center as a state-of-the-art, interdisciplinary facility, supporting world-class health sciences education programs. The first priority for use of the EHSEB is for for-credit classes in the curricula of the School of Dentistry, Colleges of Health, Nursing, Pharmacy and the School of Medicine. For-credit classes are given priority in scheduling and are managed by the respective colleges and the school. All other uses of the EHSEB are considered as events and meetings. The education programs sponsored by the Clinical Staff Education office are scheduled as events and are submitted by the Clinical Staff Education Department. The EHSEB Administrative Advisory Committee, which includes representatives from each of the colleges, the school, other units housed in EHSEB, and the Clinical Staff Education Department approves policies relating to the EHSEB.
- Events are scheduled using the University’s Astra Schedule software system. Events may not be scheduled beyond the current semester.
- Facilities are reserved in the order in which the requests are received. The library reserves the right not to grant a request and to reassign facilities in order to accommodate needs of the curriculum. Current fees for use of EHSEB facilities are maintained on the EHSEB website: https://ehseb.utah.edu/scheduling/room-rental-fees/
- The individual or group scheduling an event is held financially responsible for any special clean-up, maintenance, or repair resulting from the event.
- For events involving food and/or beverages, the individual or group scheduling the event, are responsible for clean-up and return of associated serving materials.
- Clean-up fees typically apply for weekend and evening events.
- Signs may only be affixed to tack boards located on each floor of the EHSEB. The individual or group scheduling an event will be held financially responsible for any damage resulting from signs affixed to other surfaces in the EHSEB.
- Events scheduled for the Computer Suite and the Clinical Suite may require special staffing and are subject to the availability of staff support (fees apply: https://ehseb.utah.edu/scheduling/room-rental-fees/).
- The Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property belonging to users of the EHSEB.